Culture is: The attitudes and behaviours that are characteristic of the organisation - they are based on core values.
“It’s the way we do things here”
Organisation Culture is usually (99.9% of the time?) accidentally formed over the life of the organisation.
Culture is easy to impact culture accidentally (a new CEO can do it) - but it is not easy to design and intentionally shape it. There are also a variety of ideas about how it should be measured.
‘Intentional’ organisational culture is formed on appropriate and agreed core values - but only where those values drive the behaviours and decisions of the members. This is especially true of behaviour associated with the management / leadership style.
Some advantages of having a GOOD set of cultures for the organisation:
- The queue of talented people wanting to join the organisation
- The retention of talented people
- The growth of talent by members (learn)
- Organisational effectiveness
- Organisational efficiency
- Profit and growth
- Growth of queue of new clients
- Recognition by peers & other